Hi Bill,

The dreaded F3......with over 40 Grundfos systems out there, I've seen several of these.

The most likely cause is a bad connection and the most common of those are the splices underwater.
I hate to say it but it can also be a bad CU200. I've seen the internal modems go bad.

First test is to jumper the power directly to the pump....if it runs, it's likely the CU200.
If not, it's either wiring or the pump.

If this is PV direct and the weather looks iffy, bring a 36 or 48 volt power source with you.
We have a standard deep cycle battery box with 3- 21 AH sealed batteries in series that we use.

And when all else fails, pull the pump, cut the wires on the pump side of the splice and test the pump.
You will need a 4-6" piece of PVC pipe, capped on one end and filled with water for this test because
of the dry run sensor built into the pump wiring.

This is my experience....I'm curious to see what others say.

Good luck!
Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
NYSERDA eligible PV & wind installer
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46, Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747  www.four-winds-energy.com

Join us at the 9th Annual Small Wind Conference
A Gathering of Installers, Manufacturers, Dealers, & Distributors
June 18 and 19, 2013 in Stevens Point, Wisconsin
www.smallwindconference.com

Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.