SolarEdge makes an optimizer / inverter system. We just installed one. Our
clients are happy. So are we.

Don't know if you can AC couple the inverter. Their website says they are about
to release a version of the optimizer that will work with other manufacturer's
inverters.

Dick Ratico
Solarwind Electric

--- You wrote:
On 6/5/2013 3:33 PM, SunHarvest wrote:
> Just an FYI for anyone wanting to use Tigo optimizers with SMA
> inverters incorporating AFCI -
> According to SMA the Tigo optimizers will not operate with the SMA
> inverters. They didn't go into detail. They just said the AFCI feature
> of the Sunny Boy is not compatible with Tigo. After further discussion
> they acknowledged that disabling the AFCI feature in the Sunny Boy
> would allow compatibility with the Tigo optimizer. Awesome.
> After talking this over with Tigo they came to the same conclusion but
> neither company seemed too happy or confident in the marriage. Awesome.
> Eric Stikes
> SunHarvest

--- end of quote ---