Drake,
Why not discuss this with Power One tech support?
Allan

Allan Sindelar
al...@positiveenergysolar.com
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Positive Energy, Inc., a Certified B CorporationTM
3209 Richards Lane
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
505 424-1112 office 780-2738 cell
www.positiveenergysolar.com

On 6/19/2013 1:55 PM, Drake wrote:
A very common cable for 100 A service conductors has 2 - #2 AL wires and 1 - #4 AL for the neutral;  200 A will have 2 - 4/0 AL wires and 1 - 2/0 for the neutral.   If I run # 2 to limit the VD on the run to the panel and reduce the neutral to #4, #12 copper phase and neutral will still connect to the inverters.  This would be code for a feeder to a separate structure.

Does the Power One inverter actually have a major imbalance resulting in substantial neutral currents? If so, it is really a 120 V inverter for VD calculations.