I have also seen the color convention that Ray enumerated becoming the
standard. The one variation (which I like) is to use the following for the
positively grounded legs of a bi-polar system:

Black = negative; GREY = positive

This can help prevent confusion between the two different grounded conductors.

- Andrew

Sent from my iPhone