Drake,
It was offered as a low-cost "no-frills" SW. They were never popular and were shortly discontinued. We installed two and then stopped. The main issue for you now is that to change any settings (and I believe to EQ from an AC source) required the remote SW user interface, which would plug into the unit. So I would say that "would it be worth repairing" depends on 1) whether you have a SW remote in order to program it, and 2) whether any of the independent Xantrex service centers can still get parts and work on it (try Driect Power in Albuquerque or James Kerbel in Wisconsin). I believe that it has the same volatile-memory limitation of the SW series, so without the SW remote you can't change the default settings even if you could get it repaired.

And given its obsolescence, rough waveform (by today's standards) and other issues, I'd replace it. At minimum, it'll probably cost the customer less to put in a used SW4024 than fix that. "PS" may have meant Power Station to Xantrex, but is came closer to "PofS" among Wrenches of that time.
Allan

Allan Sindelar
al...@positiveenergysolar.com
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Positive Energy, Inc., a Certified B CorporationTM
3209 Richards Lane
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
505 424-1112 office 780-2738 cell
www.positiveenergysolar.com