From: re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org]On Behalf Of Mick Abraham
Sent: October 9, 2013 9:12 AM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Pump end repair needed_helical rotor SQFlex

Hello, Wrenchies~

I supplied the Grundfos SQFlex 11 SQF-2 helical rotor pump to a client back in
the good old days before dear Grundfos decided us solar guys weren't good
enough to shepherd their pumps.

Serious drought caused the well to dry up; the pump got pulled but did not get
a rinse-through with clean water. The mud inside the rotor dried out and
cemented the rotor in place. I think the motor is fine but is repeatedly going
into self-protect mode since things won't turn.

My client needs a repair that I am not qualified to handle since...after
all...I'm just a solar guy not good enough to receive customer support from the
Mother Ship.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Authorized Grundfos pump guy #1 opened things up, declared that the machined
rubber volute was chewed, and he offered to install parts from his shelf, but
his parts were for model 6, not 11 so the gallons per minute would go way down.

Authorized Grundfos pump guy #2--the wholesaler in El Paso from whom I
originally bought the pump--says these are never repaired, just replaced and of
course for close to $3000.

Non-authorized pump guy me finds the universe to be absurd at times but not
this absurd...surely not this absurd...

So there's my dilemma of the week, Friends. Kindly point the way to any shop
that could repair this problem child. Thanks & Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675