Lars,

Back in October, UL was in the process of finalizing a new fire test method for
for roof-mounted PV systems. This new test method will bridge the gap between
the fire tests for roofing coverings (UL 790) and those found in UL 1703, the
standard for flat-plate PV modules. Long story short, Class C PV modules
installed over a Class A roofing system will result in a Class A fire-rated
roof-mounted PV system.

At least that's how I understood the presentation delivered by Christopher
Flueckinger from UL during the "Fire Safety" session at SPI in Chicago. I'm
sure Bill Brooks will chime in shortly and provide more clarity.

Best regards,

David Brearley
Senior Technical Editor, SolarPro magazine
david.brear...@solarprofessional.com
Direct: 541.261.6545