In addition, an SPD is supposed to keep any input lines to the equipment from breaking over the insulation. For the Classic, the hipot voltage is over 2000 volts to chassis (gnd).

If the SPDs are grounded and connected well they should be able to do their job unless maybe
it is a direct strike and then it is not so easy to visualize.

Anyway, this is why SPD voltages are normally higher than the usual maximum system operating voltages. But a good ground is essential. Even a seemingly far off lightning strike can cause high electric fields near an antenna or PV array or tower system but.

boB