Thanks everyone for your insightful replies, have passed them on to the
customer with comments. He only wants to try and get another 6 mo. out of the
panel until he can afford to replace it; and as always there are circumstances
to consider. Unfortunately his shop burned due to arson and no insurance
coverage so money is tight.

Ron