ERROR….I meant to say ….reach 3.55 volts per cell.

On Sep 16, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems
<la...@starlightsolar.com> wrote:

Mac,

Li-ion batteries are connected the same as any other deep cycle, positive and
negative terminals. The Battery management is done actively on each cell. The
brand that we sell has a CPU that receives serial data from the string of
“sense” boards that are monitoring temperature and voltage per cell. The sense
boards also function to balance the cells after they reach 2.55 volts per cell.
There is a 0.5 amp shunt on the cells that are higher and this allows the
current to continue charging cells that are lower.

The management system is strictly DC. You can charge from a number of sources.

Larry