And... after seeing boB's email I realize that my last sentence is incorrect given the existence of the MNPVHV8-DLTL-3R for exactly this purpose.

DKC

On 2014/10/9 15:29, Dave Click wrote:
There is some pressure on NM specifically to postpone adoption of 690.12 until more products are available, so that may help you out. To my knowledge, micro-inverters don't need to comply with 705.12(D)(6) since there are no suitable products available [90.4]. Equipment does need to be listed, and it does need to provide rapid shutdown functionality, but it does not need to be "listed for rapid shutdown" to be code-compliant since that isn't a thing.

String inverters generally speaking would have to have some method of "control" within 10' of a rooftop array, like contactor combiners. I'm interested in seeing what SMA's solution is, since contactor combiners (as discussed earlier in this thread) aren't well suited for these multi-MPPT inverters. I guess you can always add a second contactor but I don't know what listed equipment is available right now (so... 90.4?).

DKC