Ray,

I have had good success with flat rubber membrane roofing.  I have not had
good success with caulked seams, so i run a continuous peice and lap the
corners.  A stapler won't hold the laps so i will drive a wood screw into
the box corner to hold it tight.  It has never gotten gooey on me even with
clients that think their batteries need to be full to the tippy top :-}

Kris

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Ray Walters <r...@solarray.com> wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> We're looking to improve our battery box construction, and are considering
> using 1/8" think polypropylene sheeting.  I've used small premade boxes
> before, but this will be for a HUP install, and we would want to build the
> box around the batteries after.  Does anyone have experience/ comments on
> welding plastic?  The alternative would be to just seal the seams with acid
> resistant caulking. (silicone, Geocell, ?)
> I've had good luck in the past just using 10 mil plastic sheeting stapled
> up on the inside of a plywood box, but we will be scooting 1000 lb
> batteries around on it, so I don't think the sheeting will hold up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> R.Ray Walters
> CTO, Solarray, Inc