That document refers to 2008 NEC 690.9 code which has the exemption that is
used for grounded inverters. Section 690.35 for ungrounded systems just
refers back to 690.9 for over-current protection. So I do not see any
indication that two strings on an ungrounded inverter could not have the
same exemption applied to it, which I think is largely standard practice
with a few AHJ's not accepting it. There was nothing that I saw in the
document that would indicate otherwise.

Brad