Hi Wrenches,

I know I have seen this somewhere before but can't seem to locate it in the
archives. Recently and AHJ rejected our plans because, although we were
compliant with the 120% rule applied to the busbar on the existing sub which
was our solar PCC, the existing breaker feeding the existing sub (our PCC)
exceeded the 120% as it applied to the bus in the main. I was under the
impression that the 120% applies to the bus at the PCC and that existing
equipment "downstream" or "upstream" of the PCC need not be retrofitted to
comply with the 120% rule (conductor ampacity aside).

Cheers,

Eric Stikes
Founding Director & CEO
Good Sun Solar, A CA non-profit corp.