From: RE-wrenches [mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf
Of Dana Solar work
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 3:04 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Made three shut down

I have a client who's Mate three basically seized up, Lost its programming and
I did a manual reprogram which it then proceeded to lose that also. I called
Outback tech they suggested I reset to factory default and then reprogram which
due to the fact I had to leave Colorado for 48 hours I can't do it now the
system is complete shut down.
The tech at Outback said that lightning strikes nearby could exhibit an EMP
effect on the mate or even static that would cause this to happen.
Is anyone aware of any filtration/ surge protection device that might work
without interfering with the maid threes function and accommodate an ethernet
cable?
Phil Underkuffler at outback if you want to chime in on this I'd appreciate it
and since it is lightning season in Colorado I'm sure other people may
appreciate it too
From the road in Idaho thanks

Dana Orzel 2087217003
Great Solarworks Inc - NABCEP#051112-136
e-d...@solarwork.com<mailto:e-d...@solarwork.com> c-2087217003
"Responsible Technology for Responsible People since 1988"