Yes, laser level does the trick. Also--don't forget to consider
expansion/contraction of a single rail dimension. In Minnesota we would break
that long length into two or even three separate mounting sections with an inch
or two gap between. Don't forget, the building structure will also experience
some expansion/contraction which will not necessarily be in sync with the rail
changes. Over time, expansion/contraction could loosen attachment points.

--Charlie Pickard

TruNorth Solar, Aladdin Solar