You can use a one-pole relay.  We show one-pole switching in our zero-export,
self-consumption doc for PEL applications.

Nick Soleil
Field Application Engineer
Enphase Energy
Cell: 707-321-2937

On Aug 28, 2017, at 6:44 AM, Drake
<drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org<mailto:drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org>>
 wrote:

Hello Wrenches,

I am going to AC couple some Enphase inverters and found some really nice solid
state, single pole relays to control them with. Enphase says I must use 2 pole
relays for the control current even though the disconnects will turn off all
power for maintenance.

Enphase claims that the inverters will not shut down reliably with only one
line opened. This does not make sense to me in view of UL 1741. Is Enphase
correct in their claim, or are there other reasons that both poles need to be
opened

I want to use the solid state relays because the coil voltage is between 3 and
32 volts. This would avoid the need to add voltage dropping series resistors to
protect the coil for higher battery voltages.

Alternatively, does anyone know of reasonably priced, 2 pole solid state relays?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC