Chris - I agree with Carl that aluminum "cut and roll" jacketing is the
only way to go for longevity. It is a pain to install but once it's done it
will last the duration of the system. There is a video on this website
showing the idea:

http://www.buyinsulationproductstore.com/aluminum-jacket-for-pipe-insulation/

-August