Jay,

I have one on my own well 480’ down a 800’ deep well.  At the time, they
could only handle 500’ but since then have one that can pump from 1000’ and
more.  I only sold a few.  I did have to replace the circuit board on the
controller a couple of years ago and delt with a Lorentz dealer which seems
to be the major one located in Texas.
Overall, I have been impressed with the pump.  It turns 17 Year’s old this
year and started out as a direct solar pump with 4  100 watt panels but I
later connected it to a 48 volt system when a cabin was built near the
wellhead.

John Blittersdorf
Solar guru at Rob Stubbins  Electrical And Solar Contractors.