Ray,
Standing seam roofs are easier when it comes to fall protection than a
trapezoidal style metal roof which there
are tons of in upstate NY... For a standing seam roof, they make anchors
that will attach to the seam. When the
job is done, they can be removed and reused. We have a few of these:
https://www.fallprotectionpros.com/guardian-two-way-standing-seam-roof-anchor.html

Cheers,
Dave

*--*