A dampening of the knee of the IV curve would be indicative of higher series
resistance.  The higher series resistance would also increase cell temperatures
as shown in the thermo image.  The cooling off of the cells under open circuit
conditions would also correlate to the higher series resistance, whereas there
would be no current flowing generating heat through the cell resistance under
open circuit conditions.  The question then becomes why would some cells have
high resistance.  Could be cell fractures, albeit odd that they would be random
within the module, and also random in the group of modules shown.  I’m guessing
it was only this one string, perhaps this crate of modules was banged up in
shipping or something.

Here is a link to an article about the relationship between series resistance
and fill factor.
http://www.pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-cell-operation/series-resistance

Mike Kocsmiersky

Principal