Thank you all for the ideas and suggestions. This person in particular had
#4 wire for the battery connections,
so they are all getting replaced with anyway. So it seems like rewiring to
a busbar with fuses will be the way to
go. And although not ideal to have so many strings, this will be more cost
effective than just getting a whole new
battery bank right off the bat when they have 10 batteries that have
essentially never been used.

Cheers,
Dave

*--*