Ooh, be careful with the neutral-less inverter choice.I am pretty sure that if
the service has a neutral, you must use an inverter that has one as well, per
codes.I don't have the article in front of me, however a few years back it was
common to install inverters without a neutral, then a new code cycle was
adopted and every one had to use a neutral. We had a few that failed and had to
pull a neutral to install the replacements.
-Glenn
Sent from my 'smart' phone so please excuse spelling and typos.
------ Original message------From: GarrisonDate: Sun, Sep 23, 2018 1:17 AMTo:
glenn.b...@glbcc.com;RE-wrenches;Cc: Subject:Re: [RE-wrenches] Neutral sizing
Hi Jay,

Is this for an inverted output circuit? If so then I think the NEC reference
you’re looking for is 705.95(B).  That says you can size the neutral to the
same size as the EGC if the neutral is used only for instrumentation, voltage
detection or phase detection.

A number of single phase inverters these days do not require a neutral at all,
so if the AHJ will not accept downsizing it may be worth changing inverters.

Garrison