Greetings;

I've noticed several of the factory wired power panels over the years from Magnum, Outback, Midnite, Etc are not compliant with NEC 300.34 wire bending radius. (Radius should not be less than 8 times the diameter) Basically they should look like sweep bends in PVC conduit, not plumbing.  Here's a pic from a recent Magnum system

You can see the kinks in the insulation on the inside of the bend, and the color fading on the outside from being overstretched.  Some might think this is neat work, but its actually permanent wire damage and a code violation.  Imagine the strain on the copper inside.

Midnite is very proactive and has improved, I ask that Magnum do the same and soon.

Thanks,

--
Ray Walters
Remote Solar