Hi Dan,

I have done similar in cold environments where the CC's are
cool and in an offgrid mode where they really do not spend much time
"clipping". This design goal is for winter when it is cloudy. I would never
do this in a place that has a summer, in the deserts, or tied to the grid.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines
don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail offgridso...@sti.net
[2]
text 209 813 0060

On Thu, 01 Nov 2018 09:40:22 -0700,  wrote:    Hi
Guys, I have a customer wanting me to set 40 335W panels (13.4kW) using two
Schneider Conext 80-600 (80A) charge controllers.. said it's a Conext tech
support design.. Seems like that's a whole bunch of clipping to me.. What
am I missing? tks db
Dan Brown
Foxfire Energy Corp.
Renewable Energy