Jay,

I haven't used it but the surge load capacities are really pathetic. It also
doesn't support stacking so if you need more backup power, then at least for
now, you're out of luck. (I don't know if they have plans to add stacking
support or not.) I would say that it is really only for grid-tied systems (no
off-grid) with low to moderately low backup needs.

As to your specific questions...

No, it does not require any external interface. It can be programmed directly
from the integrated screen and it connects directly to the internet without any
external devices. I believe you still need an external router if you want to
connect it to wi-fi. I don't think it even could be used with a Mate 3 (or Mate
3s).

I'm not quite sure on the Rapid Shut Down. I am quite sure that they have a
compatible Rapid Shut Down solution that will suffice for about 1 month and 7
days but after 2019................................. I'm not quite sure what
we'll do... If anyone else can answer this question, that would be awesome!

-Kienan

Maxfield Solar
maxfieldso...@hotmail.com<mailto:maxfieldso...@hotmail.com>
(801) 477-0-SUN (477-0786)