I usually replace the control board and AC board at the same time, and the fan as well.  I've never had to replace a FET board, but I've had to return for the fan, or AC board when I only did the control board.  Control board seems the most sensitive to surges, while the AC board relays can burn, and of course fans only have so many spins in them.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760

On 2/6/19 9:39 PM, John Blittersdorf wrote:
I have often replaced single boards. Usually the control board but sometimes the AC board or both.  If I remember right, the AC board is common on all, the control board is different by DC voltage and whether grid tie or off grid and the FET board is DC voltage specific. Not including European and mobile units.  This is why I have stayed with Outback.  Field repairable.  About an hour to take it off the wall, open it up, switch boards, close it up and reattach to the FlexWare or e-panel.  I’ve done dozens over the years.

John Blittersdorf

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Lones Tuss <lt...@outbackpower.com <mailto:lt...@outbackpower.com>> wrote:

Hello Drake

Yes replacing a single board in an FX is possible. In the case of a lightning strike it may be advisable to replace all three boards as damage may not be visible.

Take Care Sir

*From:*RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org <mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org>> *On Behalf Of *drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org <mailto:drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org>
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:52 PM
*To:* RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org <mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>>
*Subject:* [RE-wrenches] Outback Boards

*** [EXTERNAL EMAIL] - Please report any suspicious attachments, links, or requests for sensitive information to the Help Desk. ***

Hello Wrenches,

It is my understanding that old Outback VFX inverters can not have only one board replaced, but need to have three changed.

We have an inverter that is from around 2005 (serial number**VFX 008968).Can one board be replaced on this unit?

Thanks,

Drake

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org <mailto:RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>

List rules & etiquette: