HUPs can be disassembled into separate cells then reassembled back in the can.  They have bolt on buss bars.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760

On 4/4/19 1:58 AM, RE Ellison wrote:
I get large 2 volt cells 230  to 250 pounds each and then connect them all together in a custom made case lined with glass board  (shower stall liner)

Most of the places I have to put them you could not put in a steel cased battery it just would not be physically possible

Picture 12 cells @ 230 # off the truck to the dock off the dock to the boat off the boat to the dock and up 16 steps that are 10 to 12” tall then a run 100 yards uphill to the power building ?

Can’t do any of that with a steel cased battery ! Can hardly do it with single sells.

I don’t know if you can get HUPS uncased or not?
 Then assemble them on site ?

I don’t generally put them directly on the floor, I want some space under them but the case bottom is well supported

Just some thoughts
Bob ellison