From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Greg
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:46 AM
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Outback VFX 3648 tech support and parts

** [EXTERNAL EMAIL] - Please report any suspicious attachments, links, or
requests for sensitive information to the Help Desk. **
________________________________
Friends,
I have a customer who's ready to upgrade to a larger system.  He has 6 -
VFX3648 inverters that are 10 years old.  They're only used in the summer
months but still going strong.  He needs to increase his system size to about
28kW.
My understanding is that Outback no longer supports the old VFX inverters.  I'm
wondering if anyone knows if we can still get parts?

I did see an email from Tump that mentioned someone who repairs boards but I
was wondering if I could get boards, maybe I could just install them in any
outback inverter and make it into a VFX 3648 (if it had the vent /fan mount in
it).

Next I'm wondering if the MATE ever died if I could either get a replacement
MATE or if a MATE 3 would be compatible?  Same question for the HUB10?

The VFXs are certainly proven technology.  Hate to replace them if I don't have
to.
Thanks again,

Greg Egan
Remote Power Inc.