Jay,

You're triggering some serious PTSD with this question. When 2017 NEC came
out Mass was the first state to adopt it and the inspectors started
requiring arc fault breakers on the micro inverter branch circuits, we were
using Enphase. At the time they didn't work, weren't really listed for
backfeed, and caused all kinds of problems. We ended up appealing to the
state board and lost only for the state board to turn around a few months
later and repeal that requirement. We ended up with thousands of dollars in
arc fault breakers sitting in boxes in the shop.

I'm not sure if they've worked out the technical issues but if it's
anything like it was in the past it's going to be a nightmare of false arc
faults.

Thanks,
Will

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 1:10 PM Jay <jay.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For micro inverters,  what OCP is available for ground fault ( or arc
> fault)
> for roof top mounted on a living structure?
>
> Thx
> Jay

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

*Will White*
Curriculum Developer

e: w...@solarenergy.org
w: www.solarenergy.org
p: 802-272-3092

# 093006-34

*FACT:  If we covered 0.33% of the earth with solar panels, we could power
the world with renewable energy.*

Do you envision a world powered by renewable energy? Be the change
<http://solarenergy.org/donate>.