I replaced a number of AES (?) 120 Vac 1 kW grid tied inverter back when I was
just starting out (2000) There was one poor design element with the DC fuse
holders that I discovered and was able to work around, but I usually advised my
clients to swap these inverters out for the SMA SWR 2500 and add some PV panels
into the mix. I kept a couple of the AES 1000s for a while and then finally
gave them to our local scrap metal purveyor.

I have a 900 W off-grid system that I used to haul around to “green events”.
Blue Sky CC, Xantrex 1000 W inverter, 24 V AGM battery set. But as time goes by
I spend very little time demoing this big an off-grid system, and I wish I had
an AES-1000 to covert my seldom-used off-grid system into a revenue producing
grid tied system.

Did anyone else keep a working AES-1000 (or low power grid tied inverter) that
works and would be willing to part with it for a modest sum. Is there a solid
~1,000 W 120 Vac grid tied inverter out there on the market?

My system is comprised of five (5) Tata 180s. Vmpp=35.8 V.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish
SolarGnosis
1107 Fair Oaks Ave. Ste. 351