From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> on behalf of
Peter Parrish <peter.parr...@calsolareng.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:51:22 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Subject: [RE-wrenches] California Photovoltaic Requirement 1/1/2020

I had a question about the new law I couldn’t answer.

Is the PV requirement effective when the permit is submitted, or when is it
pulled (i.e. approved) for new residential construction or when the permit is
finaled by all parties, or when the Certificate of Occupancy is issued, or when
the residential building is sold?

I can imagine a situation where the permit is pulled in May 1, 2019 and the
home is sold in December 31, 2019.

Versus

Permit is pulled in May 1, 2019 and the home is sold in January 1, 2020.

Is there some certification at closing that the home meets the new law?

  *   Peter

Peter T. Parrish
California Solar Engineering
1107 Fair Oaks Ave. Ste. 351