Hi Drake,

25W should be the draw from the batteries after accounting for
inverter efficiency.  Note that the low power factor will reduce the
effective inverter efficiency, since the inverter still has 49VA of
reactive power causing losses.  For a small switching power supply
like the laptop's, the poor power factor is most likely caused by high
current peaks as the internal capacitors charge for just a small
fraction of the total sinewave cycle, rather than a large phase
difference like you might see with a motor or other inductive load.

Alex MeVay

Blue Sky Energy * http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com
Genasun * http://www.genasun.com