Hi Carl,

We replaced an older set of HUPs on a quad stack of SI5048 system with the
3 cabinets of Blue Ion product about a year ago.  Its working fine.  The
Sunny Islands SOC algorithm becomes worthless with the Blue Ion but SOC can
be viewed through the eGauge interface.  If you are auto starting a
generator, you will want to make sure to have a voltage triggered start
(not available in the Sunny Island).   We have found that triggering a
start based on voltage and then just holding the relay closed for a
programmable amount of time is the best way to manage the generator.  There
is no reason to "fill" the batteries and so you can really manage the
generator hours.  Overall, very happy with much improved efficiency, just
don't believe the Sunny Island's SOC.

Blue Ion has a good tech sheet for setting up the Sunny Island to charge
them properly.

Good Luck

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 3:01 PM Carl Adams <swingjun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jerry,
> Please forward any contact info you have on this product.
>

> On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 4:05 PM Jerry Shafer <jerrysgarag...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Carl
>> Blue planet Energy has a LFP solution that works well, the SI5048 is one
>> of the units that Blue Planet has tested there batteries on and has the set
>> points needed, if you are interested I can put in touch with the powers
>> that be
>> Jerry
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 9:09 AM Carl Adams <swingjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Wrenches,
>>> I have a SI 5048 system installed in 2012 with Concorde PVX-4050HT AGM
>>> battery bank.  The system has shut down a couple of times with low battery
>>> voltage and it seems the batteries may be on their way out.  There are some
>>> signs of seepage on a couple of these sealed batteries.  A few pictures
>>> attached.
>>>
>>> System owner would like to consider a Lithium Ion replacement.  SMA
>>> provided the attached list of compatible batteries.  Can any of you provide
>>> your experience with these batteries or others which could work for this
>>> application?
>>>
>>> With Kind Regards
>>> Carl Adams
>>> SunRock Solar
>>>
>>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> Change listserver email address & settings:

>>> List rules & etiquette:
>>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>>
>>> Check out or update participant bios:
>>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*