The Honda EU7000i also has it's own remote start kit that plugs into a
socket on the genset. I think it has a 140 foot cable. About as easy to
install as there is. Incredible life and reliability. We do not need a
genset here but many of my clients use these.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail offgridso...@sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:53:09 -0800, Michael Morningstar
<mjmornings...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For small propane generators: Honda eu7000i w/propane conversion from
> GenConnex and 2 wire start kit from GenLine. I’ve installed a couple
dozen.
> 4-8k hours life expectancy. Correct jet is a must for altitudes over
5.5k.
> Alternators are a bit weak so I install a NOKO that’s plugged into the
> generators own receptacle for extra on board charging.
>
> Small Diesel 7.5kw and up, that’s easy. Wrico International. I’ve got
over
> a hundred out there. No standby power draw. Super simple. Bulletproof.
The
> only issues I’ve seen are fuel supply related. 20k hours no problem.
Open
> Frame, so some protection is needed. They are building 7.5kw and up
propane
> generators now. I haven’t used one yet, but will when the right project
> comes around. Their product support is the best. Call them and you will
> speak to one of the principals. They can walk a layperson customer
through
> just about anything I would be called on to service.
>
> The larger low RPM, water cooled propane generators aren’t without their
> problems. Kohler and Cummins/Onan have had problems within 2-3k hours.
They