Jay:

This idea sounds wrong on many levels.  Generators are designed to be
loaded evenly, with some allowance for normal deviations.  Having separate
loads that can vary independently is asking for regulation problems.

You did not state if the generator was wound Wye or Delta.  This makes a
difference.

Delta wound generators that provide 120/240 have one winding
center-tapped.  That winding can provide only 1/3 of the rating of the
generator (there is some research that says the de-rate is greater).   If
this is the case, your two inverters can each access only 1/6 of the
generator capability.  Sure you might be able to draw more than 1/6, for a
while...

Have you checked to see if the generator can be field re-tapped to provide
120 only?  Then you could provide a generator-fed distribution and put all
of your 120 loads on it, providing the full generator capability.

It has come to my attention recently that two Outback FXR (or FX, I am not
sure) inverters can be stacked on two legs of a three-phase input power
source.  I had thought this was not possible.  I know it works because I
accidently did this.  I believe the supply was Wye configured.  It was with
a mobile set up built by someone else.  The inverters should have been the
Mobile version, and maybe this is what made this possible.  You just can't
use an X240 on this setup.  Consider this option if you must unbalance the
generator.  Try to balance the loads and charging between the inverters and
avoid power-save settings (you can't power-save without an X240 anyway).

I have had many customers ask me to do something that my intuition told me
was a bad idea.  When I was younger I might comply, and learn to regret
it.  Good luck and stay strong.

William Miller