Hey Allan,
I don't know about the wiring of the on/off switch - I'm not sure it is
simple logic.  I do believe it worked for the trace SW, not sure about the
DR.
I wouldn't recommend using the TM500 - I ran into a significant problem
with it when used with an SW and a C40 back some 17 years ago, which
eventually led me to stop using Xantrex equipment due to the either
ignorance or withholding of info by their tech support about this issue.  I
remember talking to Ralph who said he had strongly recommended to Xantrex
to not split his logic board the way they did, putting part of it onto the
shunt, because he thought it might cause communication issues, which in my
case it did. Long story which I believe I posted here many years ago, but
it was a major pain.  I have used TM500s many times successfully, although
they seemed vulnerable to surge damage. I don't think I've heard any
equipment conflicts with it and non-Xantrex equipment, I just have a
visceral reaction to using them. Sorry for the diversion...
Howie