This is not so much a "wrench" question--more like a "lawnmower" question...

For anyone involved with large-scale ground mount systems, I am curious
about the various methods being used to control vegetation. My sense has
been that O&M service providers generally gravitate toward gas
mowers/trimmers with spot application of chemical herbicides. Does anyone
have any experience with alternative methods, such as specialized seeding
(e.g. pollinator-friendly), groundcover plants, goat herds, maybe even
robotic GPS-guided mowers? I'm especially interested to hear from anyone
who has analyzed the pros/cons of different methods or who can speak to any
approaches that might be site-specific.

--
Corey Shalanski
Jah Light Solar