Folks,

A few questions:

When charging a FLA battery, even though we use a three stage charging regime controlling voltage/current, is it not true that the real goal is to avoid excess temperature rise inside the cell generally? Do we worry that excess current will cause localized excess heating with the cell and subsequent mechanical breakdown? Do we worry that excess voltage will cause some kind of electro-chemical breakdown?

If control of excess temperature rise is not the goal of charge regulation, what is the goal?

Having defined the goal for FLA how is it the same or different for a LiFePo?

I am pretty sure it is much easier to damage a Li with bad charging, but why?

Thanks,

Mark