Hi Dave

I don’t know if you paralleled A battery with the output if you’d damage the
LCB. You won’t hurt the pump.
A diode on the output of the LCB side would take care of that though.

Might be worth a test?

Of course if you’re going to be putting in a battery then maybe just use a
CC/PV instead of the LCB.

Either method will probably need some kind of shutoff unless youve got lots of
water.

Jay