Dave,
I used to use El Sids a lot in SHW systems with direct PV drive for the
glycol circulation.  I've long stopped installing SHW, but have used them
in off grid hydronic heat systems as well. The electronics have failed on
many of these pumps over the years.  They seem particularly intolerant of
higher voltages, even small ones, which if they are being driven off
battery voltage, is hard to avoid.  None-the-less while I really liked the
El Sids, they were too expensive to have as many failures as they did. I'm
familiar with March pumps as well, but they always seem to fail prematurely
as well, for even more money. I was hoping there might be a suitable
replacement for  a somewhat less expensive alternative.
Howie

*Howie Michaelson**Sun Catcher*

*NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™*

*Solar Electric Systems Sales & Service802-272-0004*