Hi Jay;

Another great question, that I can't answer.  The continuous watts would probably meter at 100 watts or so, but the transient peaks can be quite a bit more. How much more, depends on how fast your meter capture is, but the ear can hear up to 20 kHz, and my meter can't catch transients anywhere close to that.

Having a power supply that can handle those musical transients is important, even if I can't measure it.  The power supply can cause some compression of the sound.  I've already run into that, with transformers on the tube amps, inverter sizing, battery sizing, and Vac.

As Dave mentioned, the AC voltage can really matter to these amps, and to bring EVH (rip) again into a seemingly unrelated industry, Eddie used a Variac to feed his Marshall amps lower voltages, to operate at lower volume to get his "Brown sound".

All that aside, I'm thinking an Exeltech XP1100 might be plenty, and is a known, high quality waveform.  But then I'd have to add a separate DC charger with its own possible noise issues.   I've used Samlex very little, but seen their inverters survive serious abuse in others' installs, so I look forward to hearing more about Bryan's studio build, too.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760