Ok I do get it. thanks Tump ! I have not tried this yet but Kent said at
the end of his post

" The only option seems to
be to reset a slave unit
with the SCP and then reprogram it."

So one can do the above by removing
the xanbus from the dead master and use the SCP to reset to factory or
restore defaults on the old slave.

There would not be any programming to
get power on. Configuration of all the setpoints, AC settings, Inverter
settings and Charger settings can be done after you/they sleep in. The
defaults are pretty forgiving for a master to buy some time.

I do have
some clients who could not remove the 4 screws and remove the 2 xanbus
connectors and use and use network connector double female to bypass the
old master with my guidance. They concern me, but they know it is their
choice not to have back-up. XW is super reliable though and there is always
AC bypass to the genset.

It is really funny to me that there are people
still out there offgrid that tell me my back-up is candles and kerosene

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines
don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail offgridso...@sti.net
[2]
text 209 813 0060

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 12:14:55 -0500, Tump  wrote: My
point was there are other Manu options we have available to us. I too
travel w/ an oval mate, a mate3, the SCP the Gateway, my computer, BUT
there are situations that its quite nice to NOT need these things to
address changes.
   On Jan 7, 2021, at 11:26 AM, Dave Angelini Offgrid