I had a similar scenario a few years ago and looked at the Generac SSM, but for
some reason(s) I cannot recall, could not go this route.
The system was on a house and the auto transfer switch and generator were in a
shack that was unreasonable to trench too, and we did not want to rely on a
wireless option.

The solution we came up with was a contact that would disconnect the inverters
from the house panelboard upon a loss of voltage (grid).
Unfortunately we did not come up with a solution that would automatically
reconnect the inverters once the grid was restored... because we couldn’t
reliably distinguish between the generator and the grid, so it required a
manual reset once the customer could confirm they had grid power and not
running off the generator.
The client said they often did not know that there was a power outage so there
could be times they would not even know the inverters had shut off... so I ran
a low voltage line to a LED light in their kitchen area that would come on upon
loss of grid and would go out when the inverters were manually reset.

Benn Kilburn
SkyFire Energy
780-906-7807