In 2000 I set up a 5 mile wi-fi link to my off-grid home in the Caribbean
with a product I think was called Smartbridges. I doubt they are around
anymore. Regardless, I was absolutely floored when it worked. I might have
cried. I was streaming a Sling TV device in the middle of nowhere on my
first off-grid system!

So it can definitely be done. The question is whether it is necessary to go
through the effort. I favor keeping the Envoy back at the house, primarily
to eliminate the neutral and also for the most reliable connectivity. I can
have the low voltage guys install Ethernet for this new home build.

Jason