Hi Jason,

I think Helioscope is more suited for this analysis.
If you send me the location, tilt, orientation, array type (roof or ground)
and modules that you'd like to compare, I can quickly model this for you.
Quite easy to do.

They also have a month free trial I believe if you would like to play with
it

Thanks

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:40 PM Dave Tedeyan <dtede...@taitem.com> wrote:

> Then just as a follow up, I looked at the SMA-41 datasheet. This shows
> that it runs at it's highest efficiency when the  output power / rated
> power is about 0.4 to 0.6, and the only real loss in efficiency comes when
> you are running at about 0.1 and below.
>
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021, 8:35 PM Dave Tedeyan <dtede...@taitem.com> wrote:
>
>> I've never really trusted PVWatts on this. I just did a quick test using
>> my location in the northeast, with all the standard values and then just
>> changing the DC to AC ratio. It's telling me that a ratio of 1.5 is almost
>> exactly the same as a ratio of 1, and that around 1.3 is best. You actually
>> lose about 2% at 0.5 and about 8% production at a ratio of 2.
>>
>> So I can only conclude that either PVWatts does not have a great
>> calculation, or the efficiency loss due to not running the inverter at
>> rated power is worse than I assumed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021, 6:14 PM Jason Szumlanski <
>> ja...@floridasolardesigngroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've used that document many times when clients question the ratio. I
>>> wish I knew exactly how the PVWATTS ratio calculation worked. I know
>>> there's information on how this is all done, but I don't really have the
>>> time or inclination to study it. I'm wondering if someone knows how
>>> accurate It is.

>>> the other:
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>> http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> List rules & etiquette:
>>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>>
>>> Check out or update participant bios:
>>> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*