FWIW, after selling Lifeline for about 13 years, we discontinued sales due to
early battery failures. The capacity loss of a single battery in a series bank
became very high to where some battery banks needed replacing in 1-3 years.
Earlier batteries (from about 2001)  were lasting 6 to 10 years. We had one
customer that followed our recommendation to use high voltage and equalize
regularly that had the batteries for 13 years before changing to Li-ion. That
battery bank (12kWh, average discharge about 20% DoD) was sold to someone who
is still using it.

The early batteries were great and had our highest recommendation. We changed
to installing Fullriver instead which has been as good as the early Lifeline
batteries.

I spoke with Lifeline about the early failures and their conclusion was that we
or our customers were doing something wrong. We have probably installed over
600 Lifeline battery systems (2S2P and larger) over the years using practically
identical power systems. I’m sure we did not decrease the care of our
installations or customer education on proper use. I would like to know if
anyone else experienced premature Lifeline failures, especially if it is
recent.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems

A typical install of Lifeline 2V cells, 15kWh bank, RV system, Magnum Energy,
Midnite Solar