Get a contactor with a 240 VAC coil. Connect the coil wire wires to the
240 V output circuit of the generator, so when the generator comes on,
the contactor opens. Run the current from the AC coupled Enphase
inverters through the contacts from common to N/C.
---

On 2021-05-03 10:26, Dave Tedeyan wrote:

Hi All, I am planning on using a Sol-Ark for the first time for adding battery backup to an existing system. It is Enphase, so clearly it will be AC coupled, and there is a whole house generator. When I talked to Sol-Ark about it, they recommended putting the generator on a time of use schedule to not allow it to come on during the day so that we don't run into the issue of the solar backfeeding the generator. I was wondering though if anyone has just used a contactor to cut out the solar when the generator turns on? Something like Outback's GS-AC-Gen-Kit, although in this case I will need something rated for just over 30A. This seems like a better way to allow the generator to run at any time it is needed, especially if it is a gloomy, snowy, winter day. Cheers, Dave
--

Dave Tedeyan, PE 1653 Slaterville Road, Ithaca, NY 14850 Cell: 607-288-2898 www.sungineersolar.com [1] _______________________________________________

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: