Andrew

The charge controller and inverter use different fans.

The CC I’ve opened up uses a 4” fan usually model AD0812FB-71(N). I have
ordered several brands that are cross compatible. Recently ordered Delta
FFB0812VH-T500 from Mouser.com.

It is fine to leave the charge controller in place (powered down), remove the
four philips head screws holding the fan bracket in place on the top of the
charge controller. Cut the wires from the fans (keep the pairs together), mount
the new fans to the bracket and splice the new fans to the "fan harness" using
telco crimps (UY K1 Connectors [Amazon]). If you want to be extra careful, you
can take the CC off the wall and open it up. The fan wires go down a hole onto
the PCB and have press in connectors that receive the wire directly from the
fan (assuming the wire is long enough).

The Inverter fan is 6” and I have those details on another computer… let me
know if you need that as well. Also, since you are at the customer site, there
is a filter element covering that inverter fan which is located directly on the
bottom of the inverter and I am sure it might need to be cleaned while you are
there. Hopefully it got installed. ;-)

Thank you,

Maverick

Maverick Brown