boB,

Yes, the Absorb timer in the FM and MX determine maximum CV time. From FM
manual:
 While the batteries are held at this voltage, the ChgT counter in the Misc
menu counts up from zero toward the user-defined Absorb Time Limit. (See pages
44 and 49.) The charger will exit this stage and enter the Float stage if the
ChgT timer reaches the time limit, or if the Absorb End Amps setting is
reached.

Float V is what ever you programed in Charger Setup. We normally Float at 3.4
to 3.45Vpc, 13.6V to 13.8V for 12V bank. I find that Rebulk is not very
important. Float mode can easily replace energy to the battery at the same rate
as Bulk/Absorb would without the higher voltage and additional absorb time. It
does not take much voltage delta to produce high current.

Each sunrise restarts the controller. This is good to produce another Absorb
cycle for cell balancing.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems